Education Budget In Uganda
Click on map for budget details on a specific location
This guide will take you through some of the terms used in this visualizationsNext... Skip!
Total amount allocated to local governments by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development and approved by the Parliament towards service delivery in the education sectorNext...
Total amount disbursed to the local governments out of the total budget.Next...
Pre-primary and Primary School
- Institution: Primary schools
- Mandate: Delivery of primary education
- Institution: Secondary School
- Mandate: Delivery of secondary education
- Institutions: technical institutes, technical farm schools, community polytechnics, health training institutes, PTCs.
- Mandate: Delivery of different types of skills development, empowering of individuals through provision of employable practical skills and retain and motivate lecturers in tertiary institutions towards better services to the economy.
- Institutions: Primary and Secondary Schools
- Mandate: recruitment, training and purchase of specialised equipment and equipping the institutions. Address issues that affect the learner's ability to complete education cycle.
Quality, Education, Inspection and Monitoring:
- Institutions: District education department and municipal education department.
- Mandate: Provide support supervision, monitor and inspect education service provision. Oversight primary teachers.
Source of Funding:
Internal vs external fundingNext...
To pay salaries of education staff in pre-primary, primary, secondary and BTVET institutions.
To fund operation costs of running pre-primary, primary, secondary and BTVET institutions and the management and oversight of those institutions.Done!